We know you’re all working really hard, but it’s critical that you take a moment and read this e-mail about the breakdown for Sunday night’s presentations:
We will post a list of all the companies in a new blog post on manila.startupweekend.org by tomorrow morning. This will be the order of the pitches.
Please make sure your team has filled out the team survey we sent this morning in order to be on that list of companies pitching on Sunday. << super important! You can still access at survey.startupweekend.org. Please also make sure you gave your team name, photo and one liner to our volunteers as we will be printing that and posting it in the common area by tomorrow morning.
You will be connecting your personal laptops to the projector for your presentations. Tech check will be at 10:00AM.
Each team will have 4 minutes to present. The panel will have 1 minute of questions and feedback, then we’ll jump straight to the next presentation. We will be very strict on timing.
The room is yours. Use any visual aids you want. Make it interactive if you can. But remember that you have a full 5 minutes to maximize it.
Our volunteers will alert you when you have one minute remaining. We will not allow pitches to go long; some of the panel members need to leave at a certain time.
Your Judges will be:
1. Maria Ressa, CEO and co-founder of Rappler.com
2. Ron Hose, founding partner at Innovation Endeavors
3. Winston Damarillo, founder of Morphlabs
4. John Bibal – Enterprise Technical Sales Manager for Blackberry Singapore and Philippines
5. David Lim – Director, Audience Marketing, Developer & Platform Evangelism, Asia Pacific Region, Microsoft
6. Dondi Mapa – former ICT Commissioner and Microsoft National Technology Officer
7. Jojo Flores – Co-founder and VP of Operations, Plug and Play Technology Center
Can this idea make money? Is there positive customer growth or revenue? Is there a customer acquisition / rollout strategy? Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic? Is the idea/team ready for capital and execution? Would you invest in this company at this point?
Did the team identify customers (demographic, location etc)? Did the team get out and talk to customers? What is the value proposition to customers? What channels of communication are used? Product/Market fit?
Technical – Execution
Is there a functional product (e.g.in the case of an app, did they build one)? Were architecture diagrams and API signatures included? Which services did they integrate with? How much of the product is running on a real server with non-sample data?
Design – Execution
Does it have a professional look and feel? Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience? Is it memorable? What key insights were gathered over the weekend to go in this creative direction?
Special Pascual Pharma Prize for health-related startup
• PhP25,000 worth of credits
• Six months use of free office space and mentoring
*Prize to be awarded by PascualPharma on its own discretion
Two runner-up teams will each receive the following:
•Microsoft BizSpark Account
•One (1) Blackberry alpha device
• PhP10K Freelancer.com credits
• Microsoft Bizspark Account
• Infinitely Account worth USD150
•Netbook from PLDT SME
• One (1) BlackBerry Alpha Device
• 3 Smart LTE prepaid device
• PhP10K Freelancer credits
• Geeks On A Beach registration, airfare and hotel accomodationfor 4 people
• PhP100K incorporation grant from IdeaSpace
PS Have you completed your team survey form online?
PSS Have you redeemed your $100 Amazon Web Services certificate and .CO domain with your codes?